Sunday 9 March 2008

Introducing Me

Hello New York

I’m a third year Fashion Journalism student, born and raised in London. Before I went to study Fashion Journalism at university I worked in Fashion PR as a PA gaining first-hand experience of the industry, which was tough as I was thrown in at the deep end. I furthered my experience of London’s fashion industry by working at Look magazine – a weekly fashion magazine. Here I worked on the beauty department where I was in charge of calling in clothes for shoots, and new products to write about. I also assisted on photo shoots. After this I went back to working in Fashion PR for Impulse. This was mostly dealing with accessories, jewellery, handbags, watches, and teen clothing for the Arcadia group.I regularly write an online fashion news column for www.nano-mag.com. This publication is a showcase for those in the fashion and design industry. I recently did my first interview for nano on style director Mohieb Dahabieh who works closely with socialites such as Tamara Beckwith, Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and Ivana Trump. This interview will be printed in the upcoming issue of nano. I have also recently been appointed as their fashion editor. Over the course of my degree I have enjoyed interviewing and meeting up and coming designers, photographers and stylists. I find it inspirational to see what new talent has to offer the fashion world.

In the coming months approaching graduation I will be working on my portfolio and aiming to get a few solid pieces published. I very much enjoy feature writing and really getting involved in a subject that I’m covering. I hope, like most journalism students to walk into a regular writing job, but would be just as happy to be a freelance journalist so I could cover a broad range of subjects.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and your work.

No comments: